- 1. Introduction
- 2. Collecting Information
- 3. Use and sharing of data
- 4. Retention of information
- 5. Accessing your information
- • How we collect information about our customers;
- • The information that we collect;
- • What your personal information may be used for; and
- • How you can access and update your information.
Yomojo is committed to protecting your privacy. This Policy explains how we collect, use and share personal information about you and your nominated end-users (“End-users”) through use of our website (“Site”), our mobile applications (each, an “App”), and our products and services (collectively, the “Services”). End-users are you, and other users of Services on your account such as your children, partner/spouse, family, guests on your network or your staff. End-users who are identified as under 13 years old (individually, a “Child”, and collectively, “Children”) may be referred to separately in this Policy so that you may limit the collection, use and sharing of your Child’s personal information.
By using our Sites or Apps, or by providing any personal information to us, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as set out in this Policy.
Yomojo is bound by the National Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). As a supplier of telecommunications services, we have certain obligations under different laws, regulations and industry codes, including the Telecommunications Act 1997.
1.3 Our Obligation
It is our obligation to fulfil what is required by the law; this includes assisting with legal proceedings, crimes, fraud, protection, detection and prosecution.
In most cases, you will be notified before we collect any personal information,
you will have access to any personal information we own and must let Yomojo
know if any changes need to be made to our records. In some situations, we
may be unable to advise you of any collected information, we promise to let
you know as soon as possible after the collection.
Any sensitive information will not be collected without your consent.
Sensitive information will not be used for marketing purposes. This information will only be used in circumstances which may be a threat to someone’s safety and if we are required to do so by a relevant authority.
2. COLLECTING INFORMATION
2.1 How do we collect information
We will collect personal information in many different ways as outlined below. Most information is collected through you, when you register with Yomojo and use our Services.
In general, we do not collect personal information from Children. We do not solicit your Child to contact us or provide us with personal information. If in the event that your Child does contact us, we will only collect the data included in that communication.
Some specific circumstances where we may collect information are:
- • when you register as a Yomojo customer;
- • when you use any of our Services;
- • when you contact us with queries or comments;
- • when you enter in any competitions or promotions;
- • when you take part in market research;
- • if you cancel your Service;
- • through business directories and other public sources.
2.2 The sort of information we collect
For telecommunications products and services, we are required by law (such as, but not limited to, the Telecommunications Act) to collect specific information. Additionally, we collect other information that is used for the purpose of providing you with your Service.
Account Information: in order to provide you with the Services, we require information to create an account with us, including name, contact number, email address, a password and date of birth.
Address Information: to provide you with a telecommunications service, we are legally obliged to collect your primary home address. We also require your address, which may be different to your home address, for delivery of any physical products.
Identification Information: to provide you with a telecommunications service, in some circumstances we are legally obliged to collect specific identification documents, including government-issued documents such as a driver’s licence. This information may be required at the point of purchase or activation of a telecommunications service or, more generally, where account-level transactions, particularly regarding telecommunications services ownership, have been requested by you.
Telecommunications Information: in circumstances where you nominate to bring your existing mobile number from another mobile service provider to us through Mobile Number Portability, we require specific information, being the mobile number, your existing service provider and other account-identifying information in order to port your number to us.
Information You Provide to Us for Support: when you use our support channels you may share with us information in emails, over the telephone, or in online chat services. We will capture this information as a record of what we’ve been asked to and have done for you. We do this for quality and service assurance purposes.
Payment Information: to facilitate payment for the Services we provide to you, we require you to provide us with payment method details. We do not store this information directly but provide it to PCI-compliant payment gateways to store and process.
End-user Information: while you may be the account holder, our Services can and are intended to be used by your nominated End-users. When registering an End-user, we may ask you for their name, date of birth and PIN or password. This information may be required to provide you with the Services. Some of our products allow you to optionally save a photo or avatar of your end-user.
Requests for Information: we may ask for and collect information in surveys and forms as well as posting forums such as Facebook and in blog comments. Where this is undertaken using third-party services, we are not responsible for the third-party use of information submitted by you to these forums.
System Operational Information: our Products and Services log system-level activities. This information is captured for quality assurance purposes only.
Web and Internet Information: We use automatic data collection technology (such as Google Analytics) when you visit our Sites. We may collect information such as your IP address, internet service provider, browser type, operating system and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, what sections of the website you visit, number of links you click while on the website, search terms, and other data. This information is collected automatically and anonymised.
End-User Cyber Safety Data: our cyber safety products enable you to monitor and control your End Users’ use of the internet and of their devices. By necessity, our Products record device usage and information (“Cyber Safety Data”) so we can provide controls and insights to you. Depending on the features enabled for this product, the Cyber Safety Data we may collect covers:
- • Internet usage: use of the internet including online search terms, sites visited, and sites blocked and related meta-data such as device, protocol, website, location, time and date.
- • Mobile apps: use of apps on mobile devices, including what apps are used, are blocked or permitted to be used, and related information such as device details, time and date.
- • Device location: Geo-location information provided by GPS Location services available on smart devices, additionally related time and date information.
- • Behaviour: our products monitor for actions (or patterns of actions) which suggest our Service has been interfered with or compromised. For example, if an End User deletes the FamilyEye App without approval.
- • Transactional: Our Products log transactions for the purpose of notifying and reporting system events. For example, where a device connects to a network that blocks or interferes with our Service.
We will treat all personal information with respect, and we will carry out all legal obligations in this area. All information will be stored safely and accessed directly only by Yomojo staff or our nominated agents solely for the purpose of providing you with the Services.
3. USE AND SHARING OF DATA
3.1 Examples of what your information may be used for
Having your information means we are able to provide you with relevant and timely information regarding your account and your service. The main reason we collect this information is to provide you with your Services, examples of this are:
- • billing you for your Services;
- • administering and managing your Services
- • providing you with or notifying you of service-related information;
- • letting you know about our services and how we can help you with your phone usage;
- • providing you with the chance to share your opinions;
- • where required by industry code or standard or by law enforcement agencies;
- • where legally required as a supplier of telecommunications services;
- • business planning and development;
- • providing you with promotional messages/offers (of which you may opt out);
- • receiving advice (legal or financial);
- • assisting fraud prevention agencies.
3.2 How do we use the information?
We specifically use your information to:
- • provide you with access to different parts of our website;
- • reduce the risk of crime and fraud;
- • investigate complaints made by customers;
- • analyse the market and produce reports;
- • market our services to you;
- • carry out debt tracing, debt recovery, credit management and crime, fraud and money detection and prevention;
- • to provide information via direct marketing of offers, promotions or commercial communications (unless you opt-out of this)
3.3 Third Parties
We will not give your information to a third party unless you agree for us to do so however there may be certain Services which you will not receive if you do not to provide all of the information that we ask of you.
We may disclose your information to third parties who work with us in carrying out our business and providing, promoting or improving our products and services. Not the least of which include related bodies corporate, suppliers and business partners, agents, consultants and advisers.
For example, this may include:
- • Operators of our customer service operations
- • Debt-recovery services
- • Identity verification service providers
4. RETENTION OF INFORMATION
4.1 Data retention
We will keep your information for as long as we need it and to the extent by which we are required by law. We should have access to your information more than 6 months but less than 2 years, this is to ensure that the information is available for investigation and prosecution of serious crimes.
5. ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
5.1 Registered Customers
If you are a customer with Yomojo, you will have access to some of your information through your account when you log in to your homepage. Yomojo will try to keep all personal information it collects uses and retains about you accurate and up-to-date.
If there are any errors with your information, for example a change of address, please let us know so that we can keep all information on our records up-to-date.
6. SECURITY AND PROTECTION
You should be aware that communications over the internet are not always secure unless they are encrypted. Yomojo cannot take responsibility for any unauthorised access or missing information.
6.2 Customers or End Users Under the age of 16 years
A parent/guardian must give a child under the age of 16 permission to provide any personal information to Yomojo. No personal information should be disclosed without such consent. Yomojo accepts no responsibility for how parental/guardian consent is obtained.
Our Sites, Apps and Services are intended for use by general audiences. If your End-user is a Child, your child WILL NOT be blocked from using our Services which will result in information being collected as per this Policy.
This policy is kept under constant review and changes may occur at any time. We would advise that you please keep an eye out for any adjustments.
8. CONTACTING US8.1. Our contact details
Yomojo Pty Ltd
Phone: 1300 YOMOJO (1300 96 66 56)
International: +61 02 8089 1602